Brian Klaas
A
In case you missed it: why the world isn't as bad as you think. Why the "event bias" in the news obscures some really good news and makes you think everything is falling apart. https://brianklaas.substac...
09:45 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Brian Klaas.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:42 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Feminazgul
A
I have found a positive news aggregate source. Real substantive news not woo bullshit.

www.globalgoodnews.com
10:34 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
This is true, and often neglected. I wouldn't trade living now for living, say, during the Black Death

However, right now we have at least two, possibly more, existential threats without historical precedent (nuclear arms, climate change). So we might find things improving until we fall off a cli
10:19 AM - Mar 01, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
Sorry, Brian, love ya, man, but fundamentally disagree with this take. Those "long-term trends that show vast improvements in human living standards across long stretches of time" have always depended, & continue to, on unsustainably spending down natural capital rather than living sustainably off e
04:42 PM - Feb 19, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
In response to O Aguabonita.
... ecosystem services. Why we're in early stages of ecological collapse (including, but not limited to effects of climate crisis).
04:45 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
"News should be a conduit for information that helps people make sense of the world." Yes, it should. I found your article informative, and now I have questions. That's what news should do. We need to reinstate a Fairness Doctrine and leave the tabloids stuff to the tabloids. Great article.
02:23 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
Depends how vulnerable your community is.
08:11 AM - Feb 16, 2023
M. Nicole Nazzaro
A
Great post Brian - thanks very much for sharing. In journalism we really can miss the big picture sometimes when we’re focused on getting the story of the day and making our deadlines. This is a great reminder that there is a bigger, better story out there and we should be paying attention to it.
04:39 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}