Kimberley Johnson
A
‘Parent’s worst nightmare’: Lakeland woman must give birth despite baby having little chance of survival

When Roe was overturned, and Florida banned abortions after 15 weeks, she did not think it would affect her.

Now she's planning a funeral.
12:20 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Tom Brk
A
In response to Kimberley Johnson.
So VERY "pro-life" of them.
03:23 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Johanna
A
Go to another state
02:46 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Richard Head
A
It may be a stupid question, and not that it would be a perfect solution, but can't she go to another state to have the procedure? I'd bet there would be more than enough people offering assistance in one form or another to make it happen after this publicity.
01:09 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Mataliandy
A
In response to Richard Head.
Not everyone can afford to just go to another state, or to can't take time off work, or can't leave young kids or disabled family who need them. Making it even harder: many states that haven't created outright bans have onerous rules that mean you have to go twice, or go for an extended stay.
06:57 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Dan Smart
A
I spent 4 years in Lakeland, FL, attending Bible college.

It's a fairly poor town, full of religious zealots.

It doesn't surprise me at all that a story like this is happening in Lakeland.
01:02 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Gina Ardito
A
Don't forget this hypocrisy: "Due to risks of complications with passing the fetus at home, she said she decided to check in to a hospital to perform a dilation and curettage procedure to remove the fetus from her womb."
https://people.com/parents...
12:29 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Andrea Brower
A
I live in Lakeland, this case is so sad. So much for the life of the mother, and the child … WAKE UP people for those that want DESANTIS for their president THIS is what you will get!
12:28 PM - Feb 26, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
I'm not defending Florida because I despise DeSantis, but this is the case across the country. Unless a pregnant woman is facing severe medical issues, she's forced to go through labor, despite the fact that the baby has already died inutero or if it won't survive after birth.
12:24 PM - Feb 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}