Professor Kyle
A
I do really like my job. Love helping students become better writers & thinkers (while indoctrinating them with my "woke" ideology, LOL). I just don't like reading their work, a huge part of the job. Good, bad, mediocre, doesn't matter – so many things I'd rather do than read another damn essay...
02:55 PM - Feb 15, 2023 (Edited)
Bess Scully
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I was just talking to my 17YO son about the future of essay writing now that AI technology is at everyone's fingertips and we wondered if professors would move towards class discussions and participation (in class writing) more.
03:08 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Bess Scully.
We do a lot of that stuff too. But I think the skills to write an essay are universal and important – and so far, despite a lot of panic by universities – it doesn't seem like any of my students are using Chatbot to do their work.
03:22 PM - Feb 15, 2023 (Edited)
Bess Scully
A
Indeed. I did manage to painstakingly walk my son through the difficulties of writing a research paper in the late 1980s (library, card catalog, photocopies of research, typewriters) to make my point. It's the proverbial 'uphill both ways' talk. #BackInMyDay
04:02 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Bess Scully.
😆😆 I do feel like there was some value to all that, but I'm glad I don't have to use a card catalog or typewriter anymore...
04:31 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Bess Scully
A
Yes. And one day my son will tell his kids about how he had to physically type on a keyboard to form words to create essays instead of just using the mind reader app. 👀
04:41 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}