Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 1/11
I'm still not convinced this is the place for ALL disabled people - only because so many need sex worker income to survive.

But if I was making a bet?

In terms of freedom & safety, it's Spoutible, Hive & some Mastodon instances with diverse leadership, as far the home for Twitter refugees.
03:04 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 2/11
It's great that Blue Sky is decentralized but it has the sane foundational issues as Twitter, because it's run by a corporate interest. Spoutible is community-focused.?

Obbvs no need to sell you. But if your n00b friends need a clue about what place is going to have longevity, in 5 yrs. Well.
03:08 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 3/11
Any place that is Big Techbor Big Corporate or wasn't founded for users, it's eventually going to crash into the sane ricks as Twitter..
03:11 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 4/11
Blue Sky could make their rules to not let harassers, Nazis and white supremacists in. But it's profit over people, because capitalism.
03:12 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 5/11
They can make money off the harassment.

Instead of thinking if building a bigger, better community of billions long term, with bouncers & velvet ropes, they go for short term chicken change.
03:13 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 6/11
I had high hopes for Tribel but. I can't articulate what the data tells me. I don't think they're gonna shut down but they are making some of the sane mistakes Twitter did.

Without the efforts that were made to balance out the growth focused energy.
03:15 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 7/11
Some say "it's just Twitter" - congrats on your privilege?

I guess?

But the rest of us who are freelancers, entrepreneurs, activists, advocates, community leaders, artists, writers, disabled, journalists & others who need ways for our communities to brush others need... Something.
03:18 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 8/11
People not there in the beginning don't see how those of who are the misfits of the earth

dragged the world into our broken vehicle

and somehow managed to turn a little shitpile of a forgotten site into resources and Power.
03:22 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 9/11
It's long slow transformation back into trash is sad and actually harming everything from job referral networks to mutual aid Infrastructure.

And a source of immediate income while we continue the long expensive process of building sites & email lists.
03:24 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 10/11
The thing to remember though is that WE MADE TWITTER A SUCCESS.

It didn't make us.

WE need to pick a new place that meets as many of our requirements as possible.

(Which makes it hard to be Mastodon.)
03:27 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tinu Abayomi-Paul
A
thread 11/11
I'm on a health sabbatical so I won't see replies for weeks, possibly months, which is why I turned them off for now. ♥️
03:28 AM - Jul 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}