SherrieInGA
A
Rs dream of a past where 'women were women and men were men' & want to take us back to this fantasy time.
I remember the time before women's rights. We couldn't hold a bank acct, own a home, a divorce left many penniless. Young women today don't know about that part. 1/
06:46 PM - Feb 15, 2023
SherrieInGA
A
In response to SherrieInGA.
If your husband was a rabid cheater, tough luck, you can't get out. If he's abusive? Same. Try to leave he'll take the kids and remarry cutting you out of their lives.
This past was NOT rosey. It was a crap shoot. Get a really good man and it was ok. Anything less, well good luck to you. 2/
06:48 PM - Feb 15, 2023
SherrieInGA
A
So help our sisters learn who may buy into the idea that marriage is somehow easier, that the old ways were the best ways.
I always tell folx, you want a traditional arrangement, good for you! But never, ever dictate this for another woman. EVER. I won't give up my peace of mind.
06:49 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Bess Scully
A
07:14 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Angelina Ballerina (yes really)
A
When my aunt divorced her 1st husband, she lost custody of the 3 kids, couldn't even get visitation. The kids blamed HER for it, not the judge or their dad who were perfectly OK with denying her the right to even SEE her children. This was 1962.
06:51 PM - Feb 15, 2023
SherrieInGA
A
In response to Angelina Ballerina (yes really).
Heartbreaking for your aunt. No one should be treated in this way. But it was way too common.
07:31 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}