poster mouse
A
Apparently, there's a disagreement about whether people should use their 'actual' names here. I'm not a celebrity, nor a podcaster or blog-journalist. Would it really enhance your opinion of my spouts if I used the name my parents gave me instead of the one I chose for myself?
07:25 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Royce Hansen
A
In response to poster mouse.
Everyone just be yourselves, your reasons are yours and yours alone, how you represent yourself makes zero difference to me😊
02:00 PM - Jul 21, 2023
DMtnLioness
A
I believe in "to ea their own". People have diff reasons for using real names vs not. Some people have legit, completely understandable reasons for remaining anonymous when online. For others, it's just about having fun via creating names. It's all gd and up 2 ea person 2 decide what's best 4 them.
04:18 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Kathleen F789
A
Until recently I was in a job that discouraged social media activity.

I had previously used my real name on multiple social media sites from a prior position that required me to be active on social media.

I recently removed my full name from all sites; too many unstable people out there.
07:38 PM - Feb 15, 2023
poster mouse
A
My reason is boring. I tried to signup to twitter with my 'actual' name, but another with the same name beat me to it. So I used what a random password generator app chose because I thought it sounded clever: Poster (i.e., one who posts) Mouse (i.e., the mouse that roared).
07:34 PM - Feb 15, 2023
poster mouse
A
Then I decided to be consistent across social media platforms.
07:36 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Amy Bornmann
A
IMO, do what you’re comfortable with. I fully understand why some choose to not use their real names on social media.
07:26 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Jade Hellcat
A
I came here to be safe from the people I know in real life who don’t like that I have an opinion on the Internet.
I will not be using my actual name.
07:26 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}