Professor Kyle
A
Representation matters!! "Girls are inspired to dream big when they recognize themselves on-screen as heroes, not helpmates...And representation works. After 20-odd years of female scientists on “CSI,” “Bones” and the like, forensics...is dominated by female students." Gifted article.
01:35 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Sredni Eel
A
I just wish Indiana Jones had ridden off into the sunset, instead of being portrayed as an old, drunk, lonely, bitter man who just wants to die. That is not Indiana Jones. I don't care how empowering this movie may be for some girls, you don't destroy Indy that way. It's unforgiveable.
In response to Professor Kyle.
01:38 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Sredni Eel.
I didn't see the movie that way – I saw it more as someone (eventually, at the very end) coming to terms with the march of time and learning to move on with life & live in the present.
01:42 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Sredni Eel
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
That's fine for any other character. Indiana Jones should have ridden off into the sunset. That's how adventurers pass the torch.

I hated that he just wanted to die and spent the last third of the movie waiting for whatserface to save him. It's utter bollocks.
01:53 PM - Jul 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}