Sam Brody
A
Allow me to vent for a minute here. On Friday, the final day of Pride Month, just a day after killing affirmative action no less, those ghouls on SCOTUS legalized discrimination so long as one claims it's their religious belief to hate someone based on who they are. 1/
01:37 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Sam Brody
A
Then, in a move that personally screwed me and millions of others over, they killed Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness plan, a plan that would have left me with only $5,000 of debt left to pay off. Thanks to years of forbearance, I have actual savings now. I have financial security... 2/
In response to Sam Brody.
01:39 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Sam Brody
A
And now, thanks to the Court, I'm going to start paying back 4 predatory loans at 6/8% interest that will likely prevent my savings up for the foreseeable future. And what's the President's response? "Sorry, but we can't help right now." 3/
01:41 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Sam Brody
A
Never mind that the Higher Education Act gives the Department of Education the right to discharge loan debt as they see fit. Never mind that they have the information from our applications in their hands RIGHT NOW to do so. No, they won't do it because the illiberal Court says so. 4/
01:43 PM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}