Benedict Scott
A
thread 1/5
I like the people on #Spoutible and the topics, but I will admit that I don't come here for news. While Twitter annoys me constantly and has become a horrible place, it used to provide a source of news that could hardly be rivaled.

This is a thread on what I wish Spoutible would offer:
04:14 PM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)
Benedict Scott
A
thread 2/5
1) Remove repetition. I understand the only way to spread a post is with echos, but the result is that my feed is a series of three or four posts repeated indefinitely. I'm not sure how the only displayed post would prioritized, but there could be methods.
04:16 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
thread 3/5
2) I wish I could choose topics I care about, or keywords, or the site would learn this. And, I recognize this is a slippery slope but I do like reading and learning about topics I care about. The #WritingCommunity , #running , #COVID , #science , etc.
04:17 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
thread 4/5
3) Timing - one of the most fascinating aspects of Twitter, when it was rolling, was its ability to provide information on immediate events. I've still never seen another site compete against this. It does create a bit of an addicting quality but it seems like this could be solved if attempted.
04:19 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
thread 5/5
That's it. I'm not too picky, but I do sometimes feel like I have to go elsewhere to find information that I then post here and the only thing people seem to want to discuss is politics, which is fine sometimes, but it can become a lot over time. These are all tricky problems so good luck @cbouzy
04:20 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Randall
A
I miss being able to get quality news from Twitter. I have hopes for Spoutible.
In response to Benedict Scott.
04:16 PM - Jul 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}