TheValuesVoter
A
thread 1/5
Those of you who follow me know that I have spent a lot of time and effort doing my part to defeat Trump's Big Lie by putting the facts of the election into charts, maps and interesting facts that should help rational people know that the Big Lie is a lie.

Here's some more ...
06:26 PM - Jul 02, 2023
TheValuesVoter
A
thread 2/5
The closest states in the 2020 election were, in order, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Nevada, Michigan and Florida.

Let's look at why each state was lost or won (in the case of North Carolina and Florida) by Trump.
06:26 PM - Jul 02, 2023
TheValuesVoter
A
thread 3/5
Georgia was the closest state by percentage margin. So let's start here.

Look at this table with all the various metropolitan areas in Georgia, ordered by population. Notice something. Biden won the six largest metropolitan areas in the state. Comprising 71.1% of the population.
06:27 PM - Jul 02, 2023
TheValuesVoter
A
thread 4/5
If you were to count all the votes from the most populous metropolitan area in Georgia (Metro Atlanta) and go down from there, by the time you get to the first Metro won by Trump, Gainesville, Biden's already got nearly a 9 point lead.
TheValuesVoter
A
thread 5/5
Even by the time you get down to the smallest metropolitan area in Georgia, Hinesville, Biden's got more than a 6.5 point lead.

The state was close because Trump did extremely well in the parts of Georgia which aren't in a metropolitan area. That's 17.06% of the state.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}