ʚviennaɞ
A
to any spout elders who see this i just wanted to ask if there's any like- spoutible etiquette?? like things that arent written rules but is something that the community all agrees with?
11:35 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Sara Chirico
A
In response to ʚviennaɞ.
There are no algorithms here so if you read a spout you find interesting be sure to echo it to give it a boost. If you have any other questions be sure to ask. I've found most people here are very helpful.
07:14 PM - Jul 02, 2023
ʚviennaɞ
A
In response to Sara Chirico.
so the algorithm is kinda similar to tumblr right? and echoing a spout is like re-posting something?
07:16 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Helen Highly
A
I don’t know Tumblr but echoing is like re-tweeting on Twitter. The difference is that when you Like on Twitter, it also boosts the tweet, but not here. The benefit of Likes is if you see a spout you like a lot, it can be helpful to check out the other people who Liked it and maybe Follow them.
In response to ʚviennaɞ.
07:22 PM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)
ʚviennaɞ
A
In response to Helen Highly.
oooooh okok so likes helps you find other people to follow and echoing helps boost?
07:23 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Helen Highly
A
In response to ʚviennaɞ.
Yes. It can just be a friendly thing to let someone know you like their spout, but it doesn’t boost it at all. Also recognize that your timeline has not been modified by an algorithm so you only see the recent spouts from people you follow—not necessarily the most popular or from your fave follows.
07:32 PM - Jul 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}