Island Girl
A
Enlightening test! I got 3 wrong out of 8. Thought I was better at spotting trolls. Sigh. 😳

See how well you do. Then plz share (echo) to educate others.

#trolls
#RussianTrolls
#disinformation

https://spotthetroll.org/
08:23 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Mo
A
4/8, but my definition of a troll is different. Looks like they consider trolls just to be fake accounts. Genuine accounts can also be trolls imho.
In response to Island Girl.
11:01 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Mataliandy
A
In response to Mo.
I agree. I know people in real life who love trolling. They're gleeful about pissing off "the other side" and have no interest in genuine engagement with others, nor in honesty or accuracy. It's all just a game. (I don't share my social media name with them, for obvious reasons.)
12:27 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Mo
A
In response to Mataliandy.
Same. Didn’t even do a bio for the other site. Comfortable enough to share a bit here so far. Hope it stays that way.
11:02 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Island Girl
A
In response to Mo.
Agree that genuine accounts can troll people with disinformation, but it's generally disinfo they actually believe. I guess the quiz's definition of trolls is fake people or groups intentionally spreading information they know to be false, to stir unrest and create believers.
12:12 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Mo
A
In response to Island Girl.
I’ve seen some genuine accounts like the former you mention, but I’ve seen many more that are like the latter…genuine accounts spreading misinformation they know to be untrue. Anyway, liking atmosphere here thus far.
10:57 AM - Feb 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}