Taryn Kincaid
A
What does #FirstWave mean? It sounds either alien invasion or religious fanatic.

Or just the whale colonists?
10:27 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Emily Sugarloaf
A
In response to Taryn Kincaid.
The first wave was the first group of us who had pre-registered so were able to get in before last week. So yes, I guess we're colonists! The second wavers are those who came last week.
10:29 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Taryn Kincaid
A
In response to Emily Sugarloaf.
Hmmm. I pre-registered (was getting progress emails) but didn't actually show up to set up profile and spout off until this week. (Last week?). I'm probably #SecondWave but maybe #1 .5.
10:32 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Emily Sugarloaf
A
Well, I don't know what to call that. You get credit for signing up early, tho! Wise choice. I think the ones who are in a regrettable spot are the ones who stay over at The Bad Place lamenting how awful it is - w/out protecting themselves with an account here, or even elsewhere.
10:43 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Taryn Kincaid
A
I think the dead bird is still the best for breaking news; the media orgs and journalists haven't really migrated. So I'll stay there until the crash. I tried mastodon and Post, but this place has the best, most user friendly, most similar-looking format to twitter that I've seen.
In response to Emily Sugarloaf.
11:57 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Emily Sugarloaf
A
I agree with all of that. This is by far the best happy medium site to be. But we need to get dem leaders & media over here. I can't take being over there for more than 10 minutes at a time anymore. We need the flow of sane info to come here, asap.
01:44 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}