Justice & Accountability
A
I see zero issue with a number of over-privleged, under-qualified white kids finding out the only school they can get admitted to based on their own merit is community college.
phil_lewis_ @phil_lewis_
A civil rights group has filed a lawsuit challenging legacy admissions at Harvard, saying the practice discriminates against students of color by giving an unfair boost to the mostly white children of alumni
10:20 AM - Jul 03, 2023
11:08 AM - Jul 03, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
In response to Justice & Accountability.
Your spout reminded me of those kids whose parents were sued for paying someone to write their SATs. Can't remember the names but one mother was an actress and she went to jail. I thought it was perfect for cheating and thereby depriving a student with merit from getting admission.
11:14 AM - Jul 03, 2023
Justice & Accountability
A
Felicity Hoffman and Lori Loughlin.

I was embarrassed for their kids who publicly found out their moms didn't have enough faith in their own abilities to get into college.
In response to Deb Prothero.
11:16 AM - Jul 03, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
In response to Justice & Accountability.
Well, likely the kids knew they didn't have it in them too. But I get your sentiment as the glass half full way of seeing the picture.
11:22 AM - Jul 03, 2023
Justice & Accountability
A
In response to Deb Prothero.
They didn't have the aptitude to get in so all their moms were doing was setting them up to fail.
11:24 AM - Jul 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}