Steve Marmel
A
Train cars derailed in Ohio were labeled non-hazardous

How could this happened” asked a GOP governor of a GOP congress that cheers the GOP president who gutted the EPA and repealed braking laws.”

People should be dragged through the streets and jailed forever for this. #EastPalestine
01:47 AM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Harry Kaufman
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
State im in see WAYMO, kind of an uber taxi DRIVERLESS, guess some automation with a joy stick drives and controls.. Next will be the Jetsons flying car, made my request for wings in the Hear after,
12:07 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Pete Sapardi
A
"The railroad cars were NOT hazardous. Maybe the stuff they were hauling was, but that's another thing entirely, and not our business." -- A gop politician, probably.
12:55 AM - Nov 25, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
I'm SURE this had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it:

Norfolk Southern and its affiliates made over 100 contributions to Ohio state officials and candidates over the last five years. Including $29,000 to Gov. DeWine’s campaign and transition team, totaling nearly $100,000. 😒
08:58 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Sharmil McKee
A
I know how this happened = deregulation. Corporations told us that they could regulate themselves. They said they would save money and those savings would trickle down to us. Lies upon lies. We removed the regulations and they hoarded the profits, instead of protecting their workers and us.
11:57 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Rabbit
A
In response to Sharmil McKee.
🤬😠🤬😠
01:26 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Jon Donald
A
It's even sadder that many who are or will be affected by this physically will turn around and shortsightedly continue to vote for the people who created the mess.
11:11 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Casandra's Ghost
A
Maybe railroad workers would catch these things if they had sick leave.
10:26 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Andrea Billingsley
A
07:36 AM - Feb 16, 2023
J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him)
A
It is my understanding that the Trump administration rolled back the regulations that would have likely prevented this tragedy, at the urging of the rail companies.
07:20 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Brian House
B
Either the Gov. is lying that he doesn't know how this could happen, or Norfolk violated the law. Either way, will there be any accountability? Probably not. Just business as usual for the GOP and their corporate buddies.
05:57 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Mcilfone
A
Yet, sadly, they will still vote against their best interests. 😥
05:32 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Susan Sevranek
A
I saw Erin Brocovich on Nicole today. She said benzene was in that mix too. That is terrifying if true.
01:55 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Angel None
A
Yes very sad indeed!
01:49 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}