Rep. Ritchie Torres
A
One person died and several were injured at the food court inside the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, Texas.

The mall is next to the Walmart store where a gunman killed 23 people in Aug 2019.

I'm damn tired of having to see people running for their lives almost daily in public places.
09:04 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Rep. Ritchie Torres.
It feels like past time to stop treating this as "lone gunmen", and start treating it as an insurgency. Of course, you can't end gun violence by shooting it. But you can cut off its fuel. Go after the suppliers/gun industry. I'd prefer treason charges, but I'll take whatever can be made to stick.
04:49 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
I'm dead serious calling it an insurgency. Everyone knows what's causing this. More shootings means more gun sales, more support for "tough on crime", and more guns for the Right's militias. But because they incite/arm "lone" gunmen, its an insurgency with legal cover and plausible deniability.
In response to Anton Brakhage.
05:00 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
And (this is key)- it can't be fought like a conventional war. You can't stop gun violence with more gun violence, though the Right wants us to think otherwise because it suits their goals.

So- cut their supply lines. Go after the gun industry. In court. Via boycotts. Blockades/civil disobedience
05:04 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}