Lucas Salas Oroño
A
Two things that need to be taught more in our middle and high schools:
1. Civics
2. Information Literacy

This will lead to a better understanding of government and democracy, and more essentially, learning what is fact and recognizing mis and disinformation
06:11 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Cullen Bricker
A
In response to Lucas Salas Oroño.
Yeah, unfortunately what should happen and what is going to happen is not the same thing.
07:06 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
In response to Cullen Bricker.
True. That has been too common lately.
07:29 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Lizzie
A
I took a research methods course in grad school. It was probably the most useful class I have ever taken.
06:23 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
In response to Lizzie.
I would love younger students to take a class like that.
06:38 AM - Feb 16, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Yes, I was required to take Civics in 8th grade (1997-1998 school year for me) Honestly I loved the course. My teacher then also required a weekly current events written paper for our portfolios, and we had to present to the class that day.
06:20 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Yep. I spent high school in Argentina and they had emphasis on civics and government. It increased my enthusiasm for being informed and involved on the workings of the system.
06:38 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Lee Hiller
A
Still remember the name of my 7th grade civics teacher. Mr. Vaught's lessons made me want to be a voter. I have done so home and abroad since my 18th birthday. Ran and won local election too. His message of political participation is ever present.
06:19 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}