Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
Tell me your #Recession stories… from either the #COVID recession or #theGreatRecession

My husband & I got laid off within months of each other 15 years ago, for instance.

Many salaried friends & fam had their hours/salaries cut DRASTICALLY during #COVID for another example.
Suzanne JaaaNONYA @WWAmplifyingBW
BOOM! Yeah, how hard did you & all you friends hustle during #theGreatRecession & the #COVID years?

#GenX man… 15 years ago, our friends who didn’t get laid off took pay cuts on top of salary freezes. Same 3 years ago.

Multiple friends had their salaries cut for a period…

Hustled harder.
07:40 AM - Feb 16, 2023
07:43 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Wht Eva
B
I would argue that some of us have been in a recession for the whole 15 years - 2008 was bad. So many people lost their homes, but for many years we were stuck in jobs that we hated because of benefits. When those benefits ended, it was just to live paycheck to paycheck. It was just until recently t
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
08:41 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Jo
A
In response to Wht Eva.
I said the same thing to my friend last week.
09:15 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Jo.
I wrote a 🧵 on Twitter recently about how the #Economy has sucked for #GenX for 30 years, minus a few good years in the late #90s

But we’re the #MacGuyver generation… we created entire new industries👇 when the going got tough.

Remember when you had to be a real chef to sell a {#id:24014#} 💪
09:31 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Wht Eva.
And yes, the last 15 years have sucked particularly hard for #GenX & more recently the #Millennials

(I research macro #economictrends for fun cause I’m a math geek.)

Look at this👇 #GenX lost *the most* equity in #theGreatRecession BUT we recovered our losses QUICKEST cause we’re #badass 💪🤘
09:03 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Wht Eva.
Lmao I would argue that #GenX has been dealing with a bullshit #Economy for 30+ YEARS!

I’m the youngest #GenX so I was in HS/college in the 90s, but that economy sucked too 🤷‍♀️

A few good years in the late #90s then #dotcombust then #Bush dropped us into 2 wars.

#Republicans SUCK at this.
08:59 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}