Piyush Mittal
A
Who died and made the Supreme Court a Congress? https://www.msnbc.com/the-...
04:12 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Piyush Mittal.
our infrastructure is getting twisted and warped and the checks are dissolving .......I don't understand what the hell is happening, but I know this is something far from a democracy at this point.
08:51 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Earth Wombat
A
Nothing good ever comes when religion is placed in power.
06:52 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Brian Green
A
I'm old enough to remeber when conservatives screamed about the "activist courts!"
08:31 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Yvette
A
The Supreme Court Majority has a BAD ATTITUDE. I’m sick of their crap. They’re not FREAKING ROYALTY. They’re NOT above the LAW! It’s time someone gave them a trip to the proverbial woodshed, and told them these things! 🙄😝🤦‍♀️
06:55 PM - Jul 05, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
I am old enough to remember Republicans wailing about “activist judges” when the Federal courts were upholding our basic rights and settled precedents. SCOTUS has 6 activist judges, and at least 3 who are deeply corrupt. But Rs don’t care, because they agree with their actions.
05:44 AM - Jul 05, 2023
1984 ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
This makes me the maddest. When Obama was president, Republicans used to invoke "activist judge" every time a liberal or neutral judge breathed - they've fallen strangely silent 🤨
05:47 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Jay Peach
A
Everything the Reptiles used to rail against are now being used by the power-drunk fascists. It used to be that SCOTUS only interpreted laws, not made them. But the power-hungry bastards now think they ARE the legislature. So much for separation of power. The SCOTUS is the supreme power.
04:45 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Pollik
A
Brit here...how could you go about fixing it to make it as near independent as possible?

In the UK, we seem less prone to the judiciary being stacked, however our House of Lords (our upper house) is routinely stacked.
04:41 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Pollik.
Frankly, there's not much. If Congress passed anything a billionaire could afford to sue and take it to the supreme court. Over half the judges are corrupted by personal "sponsors". An oligarchy.

Dunno if they could rule on a law involving them but they would prolly try.
06:05 AM - Jul 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}