jerazo
A
Happy white man day! This 4th is a celebration of whiteness and patriarchal rule and I can’t pretend otherwise. A lot of us are less free than a year ago and I’m finding it hard to participate in this performative ritual of pretending America is a beacon of freedom and prosperity. No thanks.
10:33 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to jerazo.
Yep, I haven’t been into July 4th celebrations for a few years now. MAGA ruined it for me with their claims of patriotism and flag waving as though they were the only true Americans. And now with freedoms being taken away, I just can’t anymore.
10:41 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Their jingoism that started with the hilariously self named "tea baggers" and conflating blind nationalism with true patriotism ruined it for me too. That, and fireworks scaring the shit out of my pets; also idiot neighbors shooting off fireworks that land on my roof 2 yrs ago.
11:01 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
Yes, the fireworks in our neighborhood have been relentless, going off for weeks already and will probably continue for weeks longer. Happens every year with zero regard for pets or veterans suffering from PTSD.
11:11 AM - Jul 04, 2023
jerazo
A
Same. Last couple of years we’ve been in our back yard and have had fireworks explode directly above us with the debris raining down on us. Fun!
In response to Mary OContrary.
11:51 AM - Jul 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}