MP
A
Since my son got laid off last week, I’ve been helping him search through LinkedIn and it’s hell . Why do employers make it so damn difficult to apply with these stupid ass random requests. Seriously it shouldn’t take an hour to complete an application it’s exhausting and depressing!
01:50 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to MP.
If you're in California then he's entitled to unemployment while he's looking for a job. If he's initially denied then all he has to do is appeal it. Additionally If he works through a temp company, he can collect unemployment in between assignments. Unless things have changed since I was there.
01:56 AM - Feb 16, 2023
MP
A
He applied last week but hasn’t heard status yet, 🥲
In response to Max Prophet.
10:13 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to MP.
I can't remember how long it took when I was out there. Probably maybe 2 weeks. I was laid off by a CFO who outsourced my department of 4 people to his friends business. The CFO tried to get me to accept a job there to avoid paying out unemployment. But it would've been a much worse place to work.
10:45 AM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Max Prophet
A
In response to Max Prophet.
So I did not pursue the job he wanted me to take. And filed unemployment instead. Which he challenged. And lost.. 😁 So I got to collect while I looked for a better job.
10:46 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}