Dawn Wolfe
A
GenXers and up--make sure the young people in your life are registered and are engaged in the process.

Millennials and GenZ--we older folk didn't get it done. We need your help. Please make sure you and your friends are registered and engaged.

2024 is too important to let even one vote slip away.
WARNING: A new generation has entered the chat #GenerationDemocracy - YouTube

Eleven Films | #GenerationDemocracyWARNING: A new generation has entered the chat #GenerationDemocracyFollow Eleven Films:Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eleven...

03:35 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to Dawn Wolfe.
Speaking as an old Millennial. I'm sorry but Biden isn't compelling.
03:39 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Aamir Hussain.
Vote for whoever floats your boat in the primary. Voting for anyone other than the D nominee or not voting in the general is the surest way to get 46-1 reinstalled. That's the surest way to further relegate your non-white brothers & sisters just as we women & the LGBTQ+ community have been of late.
05:55 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
I'm not disagreeing with you but I am letting you know that Biden isn't engaging for a large demographic of Democratic voters (the young) and I have zero idea how to change that.

Student debt, defunding police, climate change, build back better, the voting rights act, packing the court. All misses
05:58 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
You aren't paying attention. He's done more on all of those things (except defunding the police which he was NEVER behind) than any other modern-day president. Inform yourself then re-engage.
09:20 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Another thing I'll note is I get my info from different places you do. My sources were devastated by the failure of BBB and the VRA. And were disgusted by how Jayapal and Khanna were made to look like losers while the POS Manchin wins again and again without a peep from the bully pulpit.
10:06 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
I'll leave you with a quote form Teri Kanefield's post from this past weekend.

"Unless you vote in a way most likely to ensure progress, you are not a progressive and have no right to claim that label."

Voting for a third-party presidential candidate will not get you the progress you want.
09:14 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Teri Kanefield does not have the right to tell me how I can and cannot define myself.
09:34 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
And you don't have the right to put your pissing-in-the-wind "priorities" over the rights of others who you claim to champion. Your priorities will never get traction if you vote (or don't) out of protest. That's the action of a petulant child who cannot or will not think of others. That's the GOP.
09:43 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
These are not 'pissing in the wind' priorities. These are real policy problems that I'm highlighting. Here's another link.
If you want to tell progressives to go pound sand and worship the ground the likes of Manchin walk upon, fine. By why then berate progressives for being demoralized?
09:55 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
I'm not telling progressives to pound sand. I'm telling you to think critically. It took the US decades to win civil rights for minorities & the marginalized. It took the GOP fewer decades to undo them.
10:36 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
If an R gets elected--a 3rd party candidate has NO CHANCE of winning the presidency for many cycles--we'll continue to lose rights in the US. As another spouter said, now is not the time to make a point; our democracy is at risk.
10:37 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
I think we're talking in circles so I'm just going to leave it with the point that your post talked about engaging young people. I'm telling you why informed young progressives are demoralized based on actual actions of this administration.

I have 0 idea how to reverse it, and this thread wasn't it
10:39 AM - Jul 05, 2023 (Edited)
Dawn Wolfe
A
They'll be really demoralized when abortion is banned nationwide, LGBTQ+ are not allowed to live their lives, and non-whites are further marginalized. So if you need pom pons to get excited, here ya go.
10:43 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
That wasn't it either. I'll leave you with this. Someone you need on your side. She's not a child, or naive, or a slacker, or uninformed, but she's checked out of Biden.

By working to not lose Manchin, Biden chose to lose her. It was not a fair trade.

Good luck to you in covering his mistake.
A Practical Guide to Systemic Change - YouTube

my attempt at praxis, whatever tf that meansFeaturing: @DaintyFunk,  @COLORMIND.mp4, @victorythecreator, @BellamyJay, and @BABILA. Atlanta Solidarity Fund: ...

10:55 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
Good luck to you when Republicans make being anything other than a white Christian a crime.
11:09 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Oh I am very aware.
11:21 AM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}