Patricia Catherine Andrews
A
What is patriotism? It's certainly not what the GOP is doing to our country!
https://youtu.be/lD2hZEDQUIM
Republicans Don’t Own Patriotism | Robert Reich - YouTube

True patriots don’t put loyalty to their political party above their love of America.True patriots don’t support an attempted coup.It’s time to stop letting ...

09:38 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Patricia Catherine Andrews.
Unfortunately, 99% of the time when someone is flying an American flag in front of their home (except for National Holidays like Memorial Day or July 4th) I automatically assume they’re MAGA Republicans. For that reason I won’t put up a U.S. flag. ☮️💙❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🙋‍♀️
01:28 PM - Jul 05, 2023
David Fisher
A
In response to Yvette.
It was so strange moving (back) to 🇨🇦 10 years ago and how few 🇨🇦 were around compared to what I saw with 🇺🇸

It's just less of a thing here. I'm sure rural areas are different.

Could there be a difference because of the way independence was achieved?
04:17 PM - Jul 05, 2023
David Fisher
A
In response to David Fisher.
There is a level of cognitive dissonance between fighting (with guns/words) for independence from European colonizers while we trampled on the throats of the indigenous people already here.

This is not a blame America thing. Canada treated indigenous peoples in horrific an unimaginable ways.
04:18 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to David Fisher.
Both the United States & Canada have treated their Indigenous communities terribly. When I was a kid they made it sound like Columbus made friends with ALL the people he met. They LIED to us. Columbus didn’t discover ANYTHING, except maybe how to get $ from Isabella & Ferdinand! 🙄
04:29 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
In response to Yvette.
Sacrilege! Columbus discovered America, invented Thanksgiving, and got numerous nations to cut NIL deals with all of our professional sports.
05:00 PM - Jul 05, 2023
DJ
A
Let's not forget, he built the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Highway (I-10).
In response to Bruno+Auggie’s Dad.
05:05 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}