Alberto Pastor
A
"Bees can see ultraviolet light, and flowers have adapted by growing ultraviolet patches called nectar guides. Just like those airport lights that help a plane to land, the nectar guides assist bees to land in spots where there is nectar."
🌺🪷🐝 #Bees #vision #pollination #nature #gardening
12:44 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Jo
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
"They see purple especially well"
>> So that's why they spotted my little lavender on my balcony ! I'm totally scared of bees, BUT I planted a few flowers they like especially for them, because I'm living in a medium sized city, with more concrete than plants.
04:08 PM - Jul 05, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
In response to Jo.
You might be a little scared... but to me you're a hero ☺️🍻
06:01 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Jo
A
In response to OneOfTheSmiths.
Thank you ! I will do my best in my future garden. My husband plans to take care of a few hives so the pic made me smile (but I'll stay away because it's a real phobia 😆).
06:28 PM - Jul 05, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
In response to Jo.
You keep being you. Doing our best is all we can ask of ourselves. Are you allergic to them? Your husband sounds like a kindred spirit. I enjoy our bees so much. The honey is a bonus 😉
06:36 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Jo
A
In response to OneOfTheSmiths.
Haha no I'm just very scared of bees, wasps, hornets etc.. Maybe having hives will help a bit, for now I'm happy to feed them, maybe I'll love them too. Honey is a good bonus indeed ! And their hard work will help a lot for vegetables and fruits too.
08:39 PM - Jul 05, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
I'm allergic to yellow jackets. I have to be careful with them. Our honey bees are very gentle. It's been my experience that they are only aggressive if they have no queen or I do a bad job when checking them. Bee-venom therapy has been used in traditional medicine practices for thousands of years😉
In response to Jo.
09:21 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}