Timara (she/her)
A
thread 1/4
If Spoutible was created by a mediocre white man EVERYONE would be praising this as the next best thing. What happened recently was a coordinated attack, which again, wouldn't have happened if this was created by a white man.
Jasmine A. @ShiningStar5022
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
06:11 PM - Jul 05, 2023
10:33 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 2/4
This wasn't the first coordinated attack and it probably won't be the last.

For people to not factor these things into their lukewarm takes of Spoutible is

1. Telling
2. Misleading
10:35 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 3/4
We who have been historically excluded are well aware of the uphill battles we face. Every. Single. Day.

Sadly Spoutible (and now Spill) are not immune. However, instead of reporting on the many things Spoutible has gotten right all while being plotted against, people share disinformation.
10:42 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 4/4
If your review isn't mindful or inclusive enough to acknowledge and incorporate this, then you're an active participant in the problem.

Basically, it's cool when they do it. It's a problem when I do it.
10:46 PM - Jul 05, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to Timara (she/her).
Exactly. I wrote about Spoutible in my Substack back in February. It was positive. Earned a few more subscribers, but of course it didn't go viral. Been here since day one. I've always believed in Spoutible and Mr. Bouzy. I'm white, and white men on average bother me a lot.
12:14 PM - Jul 08, 2023
David James
A
This is what I find upsetting, if Spoutible had been created in the UK the fact that the person who created it was a person of colour would not be an issue. Why is it so surprising to people in the US that a black person can be both highly intelligent and enterprising?
12:13 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Ground Control
A
Tune the haters out. Chances are better than excellent they're going to be took by those mediocre white men. Meanwhile, we'll still be here and thriving.
10:35 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}