Debs
A
thread 1/7
I have had a few thoughts on the disintegration of Twitter & the mad scramble of everyone to find a new home & source of information.
I've checked out all of them as they've come online & an concluded the following:
Post- too fragmented, difficult to navigate & some nasty people there.
🧵
08:28 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debs
A
thread 2/7
Tribal - I don't trust the owner with my data.
Mastedon - too secularised with isolated servers.
Threads - have to have an instagram account, can't personalise feed, no EU content & it's Zuckerberg.
Bluesky - again, problem with data ownership & Dorsey's endorsement of Musk.
So here I am 😊
08:35 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debs
A
thread 3/7
My main issue now is the people with large accounts that I used to follow. They are migrating, or spreading themselves across social media sites like confetti 🎊
I know why us smaller accounts have moved, but I have questions as to where & why the larger accounts have gone where they have.
08:39 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debs
A
thread 4/7
Is it purely for the clicks (likes etc) so they go where the numbers are.
Is it to continue to provide information to their target audience.
Is it to avoid toxicity.
Is it to make money.
Is it so they can better interact with people who comment on their posts.
08:46 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debs
A
thread 5/7
I just wonder what motivates their decision 🤔
I've seen many large accounts on twitter that didn't interact with smaller accounts, but went hell for leather with trolls.
I would've thought a place like this would enable & encourage more interaction, but maybe the fight is the point?
08:51 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debs
A
thread 6/7
I'd like to be able to learn from some of these people, by asking questions that I don't know the answer to, after I've tried to find out for myself.
I don't see this happening now, maybe never, which is why I joined social media in the 1st place.
08:59 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debs
A
thread 7/7
Maybe I'm just pissed 😤 that such a wonderful place for support & learning, such as here, maybe overlooked because there's nobody disagreeing with these larger accounts 🤔

It's an interesting dichotomy.
09:04 AM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}