Diotima Mantineia
A
thread 1/2
I saw the spout that denigrated "red-staters", and my outrage meter spiked too. But after reading the OP's bio and then the responses, I was kind of appalled by some of the responses as well. I wondered if she was just lashing out in frustration, and posted the meme without
06:18 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Diotima Mantineia
A
thread 2/2
thinking things through. I wish she'd been asked to re-think what she posted and given a chance to respond, but after that pile-on, I doubt she will. A lot of the responses were far from kind, and made assumptions about the spouter on the basis of one meme. Made me sad.
06:18 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Diotima Mantineia
A
Hi Kiki, Believe me, I know. I'm a red-stater too. And I'm tired of snark and memes as well. But my point is that questions and engagement can change minds. Pile ons, not so much.
In response to kiki@gigharbor.
07:07 PM - Jul 06, 2023
kiki@gigharbor
A
In response to Diotima Mantineia.
I think there are a lot of former bird folk here that didn't really think much about retweeting snark that struck them as amusing. Here it takes work and being deliberate in your choices. Here you actually have people that are brave enough to say not funny, and people that realize now how much that
07:27 PM - Jul 06, 2023
kiki@gigharbor
A
Hurts.
07:27 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Diotima Mantineia
A
Yes, I agree. And I think that is probably just what happened. She posted something not realizing how hurtful it was. And some people explained that to her nicely.
09:16 AM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}