hp
A
thread 1/4
it's kinda fucked to watch how much my school's gone back on LGBT acceptance in the last year. For context, Rishi Sunak (transphobic UK Prime Minister) sends his daughter to my school, and it's so painful to see how any talk about being LGBT is being shut down.
07:42 PM - Jul 06, 2023
hp
A
thread 2/4
Like when I was in LVI (Grade 11), I was head of my school's LGBT society, openly out as trans and no-one had an issue with it. Now since Sunak's kid's been here, the society is now 16+ only, they're not even allowed to mention trans issues, and other trans kids have been outed to parents.
07:44 PM - Jul 06, 2023
hp
A
thread 3/4
It's just so infuriating, that for a school that markets itself on being progressive to be taking these backward steps. Having to hear from the younger kids in the society how they're being clamped down on is horrendous and it tears my heart out, it really does.
07:45 PM - Jul 06, 2023
hp
A
thread 4/4
I'd like to think I made change for good when I was there, that I at least played my part to increase LGBT acceptance in the school from when I started, and it just feels like all my work is being undone, and people are suffering cause of it.
07:47 PM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}