TripSpeedo
A
@cbouzy , big fan of Spoutible and hope it succeeds. Any chance of getting rough amounts of donations and expenses? It would be nice, and accountable to get some idea where donations go. I absolutely support what you are doing and am rooting (by the way, my spouse makes donations for both of us.)
11:02 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Jeanne Gustafson
A
In response to TripSpeedo.
Aren't you feeling lucky you're not looking at ads yet?
11:30 PM - Jul 06, 2023
TripSpeedo
A
In response to Jeanne Gustafson.
I couldn't be more amazed at what he's built, how fast it was built, how functional is was from the start and continues to be, all with no ad support. Absolutely amazing. I think he's been clear that ads will come one day, and I'm fine with that. Enjoying it without ads in the meantime for sure.
08:34 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
This is your only spout?
11:15 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
In response to Jack Mcgraw.
Maybe he's an accountant?
11:26 PM - Jul 06, 2023
TripSpeedo
A
In response to Jack Mcgraw.
Yup, first actual spout, one other reply. Thanks for noticing. I was terrified of Tweeting anything and its credit to this platform that I feel comfortable making a spout.
08:36 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
The donations are how @cbouzy and crew have been able to build this site. One of the things that will be coming are ads, which will help enormously to fund the venture. People don't work for free.

Do I know what the income and expenses are for other platforms? Why do I need to know that here?
11:12 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
You ever ask Zuckerberg or Dorsey or Musk for this? Not that I disagree, I love all the numbers being open, but why do you suddenly want $ to $ accountability?
11:06 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I have a pretty good idea, but I'll be quiet. Interested to read his answer.
11:13 PM - Jul 06, 2023
TripSpeedo
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Nope, and I knew they were using me to make money, and a lot of it. I couldn't be more curious to see the numbers behind Twitter right now, but they'll never reveal. Anyone asking for donations, no matter who, should always want to be upfront about it's use. There are sadly way too many instances
08:48 PM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}