Andy Couch
A
thread 1/2
I really liked Google+.

Threads is an influencer cesspool. #bluesky is fine, but lacking features. Being in the tech industry, #Mastodon is where most of the people I follow ended up, but #Spoutible has them all beat on features. I hope more people discover this place.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
You don't see it happening because an add-on app to another app launched two days ago, and you think that everything else is now irrelevant? Good luck with Threads, but the hype will quickly fade. I remember the hype when Google+ launched, and how is that going?
08:30 AM - Jul 07, 2023
10:54 AM - Jul 07, 2023 (Edited)
Andy Couch
A
thread 2/2
Interesting. Even though I capitalized "Bluesky" in the text, when I posted, it made it lowercase. Even editing it didn't fix it. Was it because I made it a hashtag and Spoutible is doing a hashtag match and changing the casing? Is that a feature?
10:58 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Frank Bradshaw
A
In response to Andy Couch.
Here's the hook.
I don't use instagram.
Therefore I can't use threads
Oh well
05:11 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Auntie CC .
A
Mastodon always seems to have significant security issues. https://www.techradar.com/...
04:32 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Andy Couch
A
In response to Auntie CC ..
Yes, security issues are always a concern in software. However, that specific headline has two key parts: "Mastodon FIXES major security flaw that COULD HAVE allowed system hijacking."
04:56 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
Spoutible feels innovative.
01:34 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Andy Couch
A
In response to Amy Magnus.
Exactly. Spoutible gives people the base features they have come to expect and then adds on top of that.

I'm still amazed at how slow Bluesky has been at feature rollout. They claim it's because they have a small team, but how large could the #BotSentinel team possibly be?
01:38 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Ross
A
It's weird to me that after so many people left Facebook over data privacy concerns, they now flock to Threads. Made and controlled by the same person.
Not to mention it's likely to never launch in the EU because of those same data privacy concerns.
01:22 PM - Jul 07, 2023
学ぶ 悟る
A
In response to Ross.
People forget easily.
10:59 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
I also was a Google+ fan.
12:25 PM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}