WestPark Guy
A
The police union president wanted her to be reinstated.

Instead of suing cities when patrol officers go rogue, people need to start going after the local police union. This is where the corruption begins and is actively encouraged.
01:56 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Phoenician
A
In response to WestPark Guy.
Not sure that’s actually true. But even if it is, do you also begrudge, for example, the MLBPA, who in the past has fought needed reforms (PEDs, etc.) on behalf of their members, for doing the same thing? Because that’s what ALL unions do, isn’t it? What they’re supposed to do?
02:03 PM - Jul 06, 2023
WestPark Guy
A
In response to Phoenician.
Police Unions are not like regular labor unions because their members have the ability to take away ANY individual's freedom and/or life.

Police unions are unable and/or unwilling to hold their members accountable when they do these types of things or worse.
02:21 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Phoenician
A
Well, as I suggested, all unions behave that way. Yes, police do have more ability to affect others’ lives. And for that reason they’re under far more scrutiny than almost any other unions. I guess I just can’t agree that beating up police unions is the best answer to bad cops.
04:48 PM - Jul 06, 2023
WestPark Guy
A
Police unions protect the worst of the worst & they refuse to police their own

Instead of condemning the actions of this former officer, which was on tape, this union president's argument was that if the arbitrators keep ruling against the police, people won't want to work as cops in Cincy
07:44 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Phoenician
A
Just curious, can you share the last time you saw a union leader condemn a member?

I can’t recall it ever happening.

I’ve pointed out where the behaviors you’re condemning police unions for are done (or not done) by virtually all unions. But you continue to bust the police in particular. Why?
09:15 PM - Jul 06, 2023 (Edited)
WestPark Guy
A
Police unions are inherently corrupt and racist. Full Stop. This racism & corruption leads to false imprisonment, racial profiling, beatings, and deaths

PLENTY of unions will remove members if they don't follow a code of conduct. Police unions don't.

Cleveland's CPPA is a perfect example of this
08:19 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Phoenician
A
Just so you know, from outside you, it’s pretty plain you just hate cops, and see attacking police unions as a way to express that hate. Saying that all police unions are racist and corrupt is called prejudice, and it’s just as wrong as saying “All Black people are…” or “All Mexicans are…”
10:13 AM - Jul 07, 2023
WestPark Guy
A
I like GOOD cops that actually care about the people in their community instead of the BAD ones that live in the suburbs and are just coming into the city to get a paycheck and feed their ego

Police unions and qualified immunity should be eliminated

Again, people should start suing police unions
11:13 AM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}