Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 1/2
My mom was a psych RN who worked with abused children. Growing up she used to talk about her intense dislike of organized religions. All of them. I believed her when she said they did harmful things. In my lifetime, I’ve seen too much evidence she was right.
Lola Gayle @LolaGayleC
AP - Authorities charge 5 more in probe of child sexual abuse among Jehovah’s Witnesses in Pennsylvania
07:29 AM - Jul 08, 2023
07:39 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 2/2
What is gross to me in this article is that the church’s response was to educate parent’s on how to protect their kids. Not a plan for full fledged action to teach and train men not to molest and rape children. “Church treated it like a sin not a crime.”
07:49 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Creative AF (She/Her)
A
In response to Wokeity Woke Woke.
Organized religion is the bane of human existence. Wars, patriarchy, discrimination, colonization & predatory behaviors are just the most obvious ones.
08:53 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
In response to Creative AF (She/Her).
It can be. Some religious groups are also giving, generous and loving. What makes the difference? I won’t dismiss religions or groups of good heart who do good works. I am, however, very suspicious of defensive, angry, authoritarian groups. Religious or otherwise.
09:09 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Linda Roderick
A
In response to Wokeity Woke Woke.
I agree with her 100%...I'm so mad at myself for taking so long to realize this 😞
07:55 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
In response to Linda Roderick.
If you’re mad at yourself because you know someone who’s been harmed in a church community, my condolences. If it’s bc you just didn’t know, give yourself a break. You learn better and do better.
08:21 AM - Jul 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}