David Fox
A
10:31 PM - Feb 01, 2023
MaryKay15
A
In response to David Fox.
Hi David - I know of a gaming person recently laid off from Microsoft. She's a program manager, and would love to work with a non-profit gaming org. Was part of the 343 team. Do you or anyone in your circles know of a good place for her to target? Or any kind of an into? TIA
05:25 PM - Feb 16, 2023
David Fox
A
In response to MaryKay15.
Hi Mary, I don't actually. Best place might be to check LinkedIn and connect with others. Then there's GDC coming up in March in San Francisco, the huge Game Developers Conference. Pricey, but might be worth it for the connections. Also, join mastodon.gamedev.place and get to know others there.
05:28 PM - Feb 16, 2023
MaryKay15
A
Okay, I'll tell her, she's on LinkedIn as well. Thanks so much for the quick response. It really does take a village. This reminds me, have you ever been to E3? We were there in 2011 a year after my son had an organ transplant. It was his Make-a-Wish trip. Met many good people..
In response to David Fox.
05:42 PM - Feb 16, 2023
David Fox
A
In response to MaryKay15.
I think I might have been to E3 once, and that was enough. I remember lots of noise and flashing lights. I think they were trying to emulate CES but just for games.
08:20 PM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}