Trenton Hoshiko - Filmmaker/Entrepreneur
A
thread 1/4
Filling/adding jobs to the workforce that don't pay a living wage is not something we should be celebrating. That isn't a win, it is a trap for so many people :(
01:55 AM - Jul 09, 2023
A
thread 2/4
I'm not gonna cheer people being pushed to take work that keeps them impoverished. Especially if they are taking work after losing government support that should be reliable. I'm glad someone might have a job to have a semblance of basic stability, but always striving for that isn't living well.
02:10 AM - Jul 09, 2023
A
thread 3/4
Many places advertise "up to $20 starting" etc. & people on unemployment apply but only quality for less than their unemployment, but if they refuse the job they get kicked off the unemployment. It's a sneaky trick & makes stats look good because "job filled" is the metrics, not quality of life
02:26 AM - Jul 09, 2023
A
thread 4/4
I want jobs filled and people contributing as much as the next person, but we need the businesses they work for to contribute appropriately to their lives also with proper pay, reasonable hours, & workplace safety. Otherwise it is straight exploitation of vulnerable people that makes stats look good
02:29 AM - Jul 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}