Andrea Jones
A
Yes, I’ll be voting for Biden because he’s the lesser of two evils: the alternative is fascism. But it is ridiculous that the world’s superpower cannot put up candidates that are actually popular.

Our democracy is not functioning as it should.
I Smoked Threads @DKnight
Echo this if you're voting for Biden in 2024. If you're not, respond and tell me why. There aren't any trolls here so I can't imagine there are many reasons why you wouldn't but I'd still like to know.
04:40 PM - Jul 09, 2023
04:48 PM - Jul 09, 2023 (Edited)
Missy McMurray
A
In response to Andrea Jones.
What makes you assume Biden isn’t popular? He did win the popular vote after all.
09:31 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Andrea Jones
A
In response to Missy McMurray.
His poll numbers aren’t encouraging. Don’t get me wrong: he’ll have my vote, but both parties keep running candidates that the general public isn’t all that enthusiastic about.
10:00 PM - Jul 09, 2023 (Edited)
SirMikeAlot
A
Popular with who? The country is pretty evenly divided, and I agree that's ridiculous. The voters toward the middle of the political spectrum (independents) ultimately decide elections, along with partisan gerrymandering and voter suppression laws. Americans can barely agree on where to eat a meal.
06:55 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Andrea Jones
A
In response to SirMikeAlot.
I interpreted the comment to mean people tend to elect leaders that they personally like or “want to have a beer with” (Clinton, Bush, Obama) rather than people with the actual skills to govern (e.g., HRC).

Elections are so close, and decided by independents, because most people still don’t vote.
07:11 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Vivant Anon
A
Politicians shouldn’t be seen as entertainers, onlywhat they can get done for our country. I don’t think we have had a president in a while who worked within the party and across the aisle in recent memory. We want more done we need to keep electing dems. Popular does not mean effective.
06:41 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Andrea Jones
A
In response to Vivant Anon.
I agree. Working across the aisle is only possible if both sides are willing to do it. The GOP has gotten things to a point (with the Dems’ help) where they just need to obstruct to maintain the status quo.

We do need to elect people who actually want to govern, whether they have charisma or not.
06:51 PM - Jul 09, 2023 (Edited)
Maura
B
Our democracy is not functioning as it should be because it's been infested with maga politicians and judges.
04:50 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Andrea Jones
A
In response to Maura.
And money. Politicians have been bought off on both sides of the aisle, unfortunately.

Term limits in Congress would probably help, too.
04:54 PM - Jul 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}