James Genson
A
I really hate AA. Like it claims to be a safe space but I'm not even allowed to mention problems I had with the group and how I overcame them?? 😠🤨
09:12 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
In response to James Genson.
What??? That's ridiculous. Some meetings develop their own weird culture. Sorry that happened to you.
09:13 PM - Jul 09, 2023
James Genson
A
In response to Deirdre Assenza.
Thanks. Honestly this app and all the interactions I've had on here has done more to keep me from drinking than AA has. Like I get distracted and forget about alcohol cause I'm having so much fun here and AA just makes me wanna drink again 😭
09:14 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
I can believe it. I have been in various 12-step programs since I was 18. My first was OA (for anorexia) after being in recovery for 10+ years I realized attending meetings drew me mentally backward, reawoke my "disease voice." I still work the steps when I need but haven't attended in years.
09:17 PM - Jul 09, 2023
James Genson
A
I'm glad you were able to get out of a toxic situation and mindset 🖤🖤 you're doing great and fed is best doesn't just apply to children, it applies to EDs too
09:18 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
Aww thank you! 🙏🙏 And if you ever need a nontoxic someone to talk about recovery I am always here.
09:21 PM - Jul 09, 2023
James Genson
A
Thank you!
09:23 PM - Jul 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}