Bowerydoll
A
Catholic Group Investigates Unmarked Graves and Student Deaths at its Montana Indian Boarding Schools.

#IndianBoardingSchools
#NativeSpoutible
#Trauma

https://nativenewsonline.net/sovereignty/catholic-group-investigates-unmarked-graves-and-student-dea...
09:58 PM - Jul 09, 2023
StephForJustice
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
I hope that with the indigenous people on the commission it might bring some truth to light. The listening sessions could be healing if done genuinely. They should be recorded, imho. Don’t want any of it to get swept under the rug.
10:48 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to StephForJustice.
Serious truth. The communities impacted by boarding schools deserve transparency and endless illuminating light on this investigation. No political side-stepping and deceptions. I'm suspicious as hell, but I want to be hopeful answers and accountability will finally come from this.
12:07 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Rebecca
A
This should be led by the local indigenous people and funded by the church. There is no reason for anyone to trust the Catholic Church in such matters.
10:27 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Rebecca.
Exactly! Whatever their "investigation" finds the truth will be diluted or denied.
10:35 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Rebecca.
I couldn't agree more🔥🔥🔥
12:19 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
WTAF! 200 Unmarked graves, and no reasons given for their deaths??? How can you even be so cruel to Innocent Indigenous children!
10:12 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out. I don't trust them doing their own "investigation." Should've been done by an impartial, outside agency. I don't trust them.
10:16 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Nikki Norman
A
“Boarding Schools” 😒
10:11 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Nikki Norman.
In Canada they're called "residential schools." No matter what these hellholes were called, it's always been about the same thing -- cultural genocide. "Kill the Indian -- save the man."
10:14 PM - Jul 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}