Kenny Akers
A
While you quote Dr king and act like White America accepted Blacks with open arms for social change, don't forget those who were throwing rocks, attacking the protesters. Lastly, arresting individuals like Martin Luther King Jr., He was arrested today, Jul 10, 1962, during a demonstration in Albany
11:21 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Kenny Akers.
Anyone who comes in to change the status quo, especially in the South, was met with hatred and hostility.
The threat that Dr. Rev. King posed, was the same that is being posed now. Equal Rights. Minorities were never intended to be equal. We were meant to remain oppressed. Void of rights and power.
02:43 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Kenny Akers.
1/2 The majority of white folks hated Dr. King when he was alive. He was viewed as an instigator and communist. Most of them now only know him by his “I Have A Dream” speech. They should become familiar with all his writings & speeches. He was very much a strong radical when it came to the
11:28 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Rosetta.
2/2 civil rights and equality for Black people. He was definitely not the passive Kumbaya character that they try to make him out to be today. I lived through those times. I remember what was really going on.
11:31 AM - Jul 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}