Deb Prothero
A
thread 1/6
#Ukraine

This amazes me about Ukraine - even in a state of war they are totally overhauling their entire legislative and administrative systems to align with EU standards and guidelines. The hardest working nation on earth.
02:02 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
thread 2/6
Today we have another important decision for Ukraine in the field of intellectual property

During General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) in Geneva, the status of the International Searching & Preliminary Examining Authority was extended to the Ukrainian IP Office.
02:03 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
thread 3/6
This is an extremely important decision. Only a small proportion of offices in the world!!! perform such functions.

What will it give?

🔹 Simplified access to international intellectual property services for Ukrainian inventors and innovators, our start-ups.
02:04 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
thread 4/6
🔹 Protection of their rights abroad and opportunities to use the global patent cooperation system when patenting their developments.

🔹The IP Office can examine any international applications filed by the PCT member states and conduct examinations on them.
02:04 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
thread 5/6
For my part, I would like to add that the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has done a lot to reform the intellectual property sector.
02:05 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
thread 6/6
This includes the adopted Law on Copyright and Related Rights, laws aimed at strengthening the intellectual property rights of national and foreign users, in line with EU norms. And, of course, the creation of an IP office!

Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
Ruslan Stefanchuk
02:05 PM - Jul 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}