Randomxusr
A
Quantum computing is coming for your passwords. It's a good idea to keep up with the advancements in the Quantum arena and how to secure your accounts, as Quantum computing becomes mainstream. The timeline isn't known at the moment.
11:42 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
In response to Randomxusr.
OMG this is such a good warning! It never occurred to me until you just said this that a quantum computer could just absolutely blitz a brute force attack, or who knows what else, in a moment. Wow.
11:48 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Randomxusr
A
In response to Deirdre Assenza.
Exactly. Brute Forcing is going to be re-imagined. I could see where HOTP's could be busted as well. Think Google Authenticator and the like.
11:51 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
Wow. Yeah what a game changer. It's startling to realize we are at the moment in our evolution when we invent things with possibilities, and consequences, beyond our human comprehension. Way beyond.
11:54 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Randomxusr
A
TBF, it is within reach of the smartest minds. My only hope is that policymakers are able to keep up with the tech.
11:56 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
What do you think of this? I am not nearly well-versed enough in computer science to be able to judge.
12:15 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Randomxusr
A
I think it's a great start. However, one should be cautious of tools from a group with a stake in game. My math and crypto knowledge is lacking to know what is worthy of recommendation.
12:21 AM - Jul 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}