SpellFire
A
I feel like the King of Rohan, and the onslaught of slugs are the orcs. I'm literally in Helm's Deep right now.

It's pouring rain. I lost count at 1500 slugs hours ago, and they just keep coming.

I'm covered in dirt, salt and slug goo....which is about as good as it sounds.

#gardening
10:08 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Kelly Alleyn
A
It's a strange thing, how the French love eating snails, but not slugs, which looks like snails without shells. It's a shame, as like you, we also suffer from slug invasions.
In response to SpellFire.
04:47 AM - Jul 11, 2023
SpellFire
A
In response to Kelly Alleyn.
I found a proven winner last night. The onslaught was insane after getting even more rain. Unused coffee grounds were the winner. We should have had thousands again, but they will not cross the coffee or go near it! Maybe this will help you too should you need it. I literally cried in joy
07:04 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Kelly Alleyn
A
I'll try that around my hosta. Usually I try to leave creatures alone if they do no harm, after all they're only trying to enjoy their little lives. But I draw the line when they destroy the only plant I really care about!
07:06 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Kelly Alleyn
A
Being in a state of drought here, we don't have the slug problem, but there are still a few sneaky snails hiding in dark places.
07:07 AM - Jul 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}