Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/6
I figured if I can type 11 fanfics on my bed then why can't I go back to transcribing my novel there as well. Some of it is that I used a small notebook I could prop up to wrote my fics in and I have 8x10 typing paper for the novel. But I can move the pillows and have space.
09:45 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/6
It won't be perfect but it is possible. Also, this isn't a race, transcribing 10-15 pages at a time may be the way it is. I can do that. I haven't touched the novel in 3 years. I daily wonder if it's not complete garbage and I just forgot. I love the characters but know it needs changes.
09:46 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/6
I first wrote it in 2003, the last thing I wrote before my 2 year bout of writer's block and severe depression. It bears the distinction of the first story I wrote with a Black female protagonist. Yes, I had been writing since 1986 and it took 17 years for me to know how to write a woman like me.
09:48 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/6
Anyway, I think this weekend I'm going to pull it out and just start working on it. Transcribing has to be done before I can work on the second edit. I already maroon and blue pen'd it pretty good so I think the second edit is going to either be amazing or trash.
09:50 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/6
Deep down I know I'm a good writer, I may even be a great writer. I've been told by readers, writers (both known and unknown), publishers, and my mom and dad, though my dad constantly riffed on my grammar. But I can't quite own it, it's like that's what other people are, I just write stories.
09:58 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/6
I was raised to be humble, even to my detriment. The two creative things I love the most, writing & taking pictures, I can't own my immense talent. Hell, even writing it felt conceited.

Anyhoo, transcribing. That's what I'll focus on this weekend, see if I can light a fire under this project again.
10:01 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Your Cooper
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
You got this
09:52 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Your Cooper.
Thanks so much.
10:16 AM - Jul 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}