Miss Independent
A
I wrote a children's book. It teaches young children how to deal with being different and how to cope with bullying. My son was bullied for having Asperger's. He is no longer here with us. He took his life at 17 so this is what I decided to do in his honor.

https://a.co/d/0TYArqa
09:21 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Miss Independent.
Just ordered the book for my grandchildren. I am so sorry for your loss. You are honoring your son in such a tremendous way. May sweet memories of him continue to give you comfort as you fight for the lives of children who are considered different.
09:35 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Miss Independent
A
In response to Rosetta.
Wow! Thank you. I hope you love reading it to the children in your life! Thank you so much.
09:48 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Rosetta
A
Your so welcome. It is extremely important that children learn everyone has something different about them and it is totally okay!
10:50 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Miss Independent
A
I agree. We tried to teach our children that. My son knew he was different and always tried to fit in. It was sad sometimes.
In response to Rosetta.
10:52 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Rosetta
A
I’m a retired SPCED teacher. My “expertise” was teaching kids on the autism spectrum at the elementary level. I saw kids trying their best to fit in and many times were rejected. It was heartbreaking😞
11:05 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Miss Independent
A
In response to Rosetta.
It is very heartbreaking. I watched my son struggled with everything from test taking to making friends.
05:11 PM - Feb 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}