Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
I have friends who joined but don't use it, I think the lack of algorithm is so different for them, they're not used to leaning in the way Spoutible requires.

When they comment on it to me, I always tell them a) follow more people, b) add the content they feel is missing 🌈✨🐳
I Smoked Threads @DKnight
Unlike Twitter, there's no algorithm to push content in front of you so you literally have to follow people to make this place work. If you're following less than 100 people and have less than 100 followers, echo this and comment here and follow each other back. We all need each other here.
10:24 AM - Jul 11, 2023
10:31 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Raja
A
The thing I liked about Twitter when I joined 5 years ago was the content was pushed to me. From there I followed who I wanted and made my feed/algorithm work.
Here i try what you suggest and I just get spammed with stuff I don't want to see or non stop echoes of the same spout.
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
11:29 AM - Jul 11, 2023
A
In response to Raja.
Also, I don't remember the specifics, but there was a spout recently about new features coming to help curate your feed a bit more .. not an algorithm, things like pods / friend groups around shared interests, etc. Not sure on timeline, but it will be addressed at some point
11:38 AM - Jul 11, 2023
A
In response to Raja.
I know some people get good results from searching by hashtag or keyword in the Explore tab.

I don't mind the repeated echoes, I just scroll past them or come back later for new stuff. I'm following a lot of people, which is good bc I see lots of different content, but also I've "lost touch" w/some
11:32 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Raja
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
The thing with echo spam is it doesn't foster dialogue like what you/I having now. To get engagement everything has to be an echo because nobody converses in posts.

On Twitter, I followed popular accounts but also people with insightful comments.
I ignored those who mainly retweet, ie echo.
01:27 PM - Jul 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}