Graham Bignell
A
thread 1/4
I get to go get my blood tested for various levels today to see if I'm still alive enough to participate in another cancer drug study.
This one is called "A Phase 1 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of GS-4528 as Monotherapy..." (it goes on).
I'm afraid of what is going to be like.
12:39 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Graham Bignell
A
thread 2/4
as it lists various quite unpleasant side effects as probably happening, and that's grown into a schism - it's my duty as a citizen to participate, but also I'm feeling kind of put-upon by the constant pain from the cancer already so making things worse, so just a whining post feeling sorry for me.
12:47 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Graham Bignell
A
thread 3/4
As an update, I'm not doing well enough coming off of a steroid helping control other symptoms to do the study, but they are going to toss a round of chemo drugs through my system on Friday and see if anything other than baldness happens so the experiment continues! 😬
08:52 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Graham Bignell
A
thread 4/4
... but it feels like I'm rolling saving throws to continue for another round at 1HP. I want to stick around as long as possible, and I guess was expecting for function to be impeded by the stuff with other than just pain.
Very much want to Upload or get converted into grey goo by nanites now please
09:05 PM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}