James Genson
A
thread 1/6
I'm pissed. It's been over a week since my last day at my former job and I'm still fuming. Just for some context, I had to leave early damn near every day due to stress induced health issues, I had an ADA on file, and I was only getting one shift a week.
04:19 AM - Jul 12, 2023 (Edited)
James Genson
A
thread 2/6
My last day was about two Thursdays ago. I went to the office privately and informed the boss I received a better job offer and to not put me on the schedule for the following week. She said nothing. BUT! During the daily morning meeting she went on a publicly humiliating tirade against me
04:21 AM - Jul 12, 2023
James Genson
A
thread 3/6
She said that she hoped I didn't do what I did there at the new job, that nobody else would put up with me "calling out" so much, and a whole lot of other stuff I blocked out. I feel this was very discriminatory against my ADA and I also feel that she was retaliating against it with my schedule.
04:23 AM - Jul 12, 2023
James Genson
A
thread 4/6
I want so badly to tell her off but my therapist said not to because she could easily make my life a living hell by calling my new job and saying shit to make them fire me. My question is, what can I do about this? Ive tried moving on from it but I just cant. It was so wrong and infuriating.
04:25 AM - Jul 12, 2023
James Genson
A
thread 5/6
I have no evidence against her and I can't afford a lawyer. I can't report her to her supervisor because they tag team against people. When one of my coworkers started doing something similar, she called me into a meeting with her and her boss and they both berated me for not coming forward sooner.
04:26 AM - Jul 12, 2023
James Genson
A
thread 6/6
That entire workplace was very toxic. The reason I think they were retaliating against me is because they would schedule me less and less, saying they just didn't have the hours to go around, but would hire new people. They also were over scheduling my other coworkers.
04:29 AM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}