Christopher Bouzy
A
This is absolutely insane.
bruno_j_navarro @bruno_j_navarro
A group of congressional Democrats reported Wednesday that tax preparation firms H&R Block, TaxAct and TaxSlayer sent “extraordinarily sensitive” information on tens of millions of taxpayers to Facebook parent company Meta over the course of at least two years.

https://apnews.com/article...
10:35 AM - Jul 12, 2023
11:05 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Lee Schweers
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Where is the consumer protection and where is our government doing about this insane breaches of privacy? There must be hearing and investigation into these business practices along with accountability of penalties for companies that violates the law. Vote.
05:32 PM - Oct 19, 2023 (Edited)
Cherie Dunwoody
A
I am so lucky that my taxes are simple. I download the form and do them myself on my computer, print out, and pay what I owe with a check. I have never felt that online filing was safe. The only reason I have a Facebook account is to see what family is up to. I hardly ever like/post anything.
09:32 PM - Jul 13, 2023
George Carlin Was Right
A
Can anyone spell "Class Action" This should be the end of Intuit and the others if there is any justice.
03:24 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Roger Stewart
A
They need to pay back to all the monies people have paid them.
11:57 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Dréa25
A
It's more than insane. It's freaking evil as hell. Get your info on the relative sneak and then using it to manipulate your ass while you play on FB. Damn.
11:17 AM - Jul 12, 2023
GT InNC
A
Instead of fining companies for illegal activities; they should lose their business license. There’s no real deterrent.
11:08 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
How is this even legal? HOW???
11:07 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Substantion_THEE_ Igra
B
I’m so glad I go to a small tax preparer business owner to do my taxes.
11:07 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
Insane but not surprising.
11:06 AM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}