Alberto Pastor
A
"As anyone who has spent time gardening knows, it takes some effort. Even though we have been known to promote no-dig gardening and not raking the leaves, there is still a lot of activity to be had and plenty of benefits gleaned from gardening."
🪴🌱🌾🌺 #gardening #healthbenefits #work #Spoutible
12:41 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Anne King
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
so great.
08:57 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Cath Greig
A
I dug some spuds up today - very satisfying #allotment
03:03 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
My favorite thing about gardening is the great sense of satisfaction that comes w/enjoying the fruits of my labor.

It feels really good to know this meal or that decoration came from my own work.
02:59 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
Yes, there's work to do to keep a garden, but the work is rather zen-like.

You just get outside & start doing it, & then you're "in the zone," & all of a sudden, you're done.

Then some months L8R, there's beans, potatoes, tomatoes, cantaloupe, berries, spinach, collards, figs, peppers, etc.
02:50 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
Gardening paid off for me during the Covid pandemic by allowing me to very, very rarely have to grocery shop. It's still paying off as I have lots of home-canned & home-frozen fruits & veggies left.

Gardening spoils you too b/c you get used to having & eating things at their peak.
02:42 PM - Jul 12, 2023
bfitzinAR
A
I miss being able to garden. (Not just an issue of arthritis and allergies, although those slowed me down a lot, but there's a wind-born fungus around here that kills everything I plant before it matures. sigh.)
12:50 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to bfitzinAR.
That's horrible about wind-born virus! Never heard tell of that?
01:14 PM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}