Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 1/4
1/4
I must leave my dog(s) in the car when they accompany me on errands, as they are forbidden from entering any of the buildings on the USAF base where I live. To protect them from overheating: I leave all windows open a bit, put a shade over my windshield, and start the stopwatch on my iPhone.
08:15 AM - Jul 13, 2023 (Edited)
Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 2/4
2/4
My wife recently bought a small plastic fan (about 4 in. or 10cm wide) with a clip for mounting and powered by a USB cable. It struck me that this would be perfect for keeping the dogs more comfortable in the car, plugged into a portable phone charger. She also bought new sunglasses for me...
08:19 AM - Jul 13, 2023 (Edited)
Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 3/4
3/4
with wide temples to reduce peripheral glare when I drive. I put these items plus two dog leashes in a reusable plastic shopping bag, to help me manage carrying both dogs. On the way home, I stopped by the USO and indulged in a free snack. A soda and a small bag of snack crackers.
08:25 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 4/4
4/4
I added the snacks to the bag, then let the dogs out for a walk nearby. Afterward, I put them back into the car then dropped the leashes back into the shopping bag. POP! The soda can was punctured, soaking all the brand-new contents with sugar.
Do-over.
08:29 AM - Jul 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}