Jeannette Smyth
A
#HowDeSantisIsAFascist
Retraining teachers with #Desantis ' Civics Literacy Excellence curriculum promotes #ChristianNationalism white supremacy -- reframing origins of US, sep of church and state, and slavery. Hillsdale College and Koch sources of new "parental rights" curriculum.
10:10 AM - Feb 17, 2023 (Edited)
sr gillespie
A
In response to Jeannette Smyth.
I honestly don't know why there isn't more pushback from parents who are having their kids dumbed down. It's mind boggling when they have said all along they wanted to make more charters and Christianize them. Talk about grooming.
10:31 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
In response to sr gillespie.
I'm not in FL so I can't measure why no pushback. It's an awfully good question. I do know some Ds like Maxwell Alejandro Frost are actually calling DeSantis out for being a "fascist" -- a term of art few use. Is it fear or apathy?
03:50 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
10:29 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Bravo Juneau
A
Critical Replacement Theory
10:17 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
In response to Bravo Juneau.
Exacto.
All that CRT thing is a moral panic -- not taught in lower grades as I'm sure you are aware.
10:19 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Didi B-Q
A
Will anyone, anything ever stop this out-of-control Fascist?

DeSantis is rapidly destroying Florida’s education systems, reengineering them to produce more Fascists.
10:13 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
In response to Didi B-Q.
I am checking every day for news of kids joining banned book clubs. Only one in the news so far -- Gemma Rose at Flagler Pub Lib.
Also working on factual parallels to Hitler and Mussolini.
Don't know why Ds sort of abandoned FL to DeSantis. Do you know anything about that?
10:31 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Josol
A
What the heck happened to separation of church and state!
10:11 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
In response to Josol.
Ending it and calling for the US to be declared a Christian nation under the law is a major initiative of #ChristianNationalism -- while holding on to their religious tax exemptions.
https://www.texastribune.o...
10:50 AM - Feb 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}